If you get just one thing....

Have you ever listened to a sermon or lecture and the speaker says something like "if you only get one thing today...." and then they tell you what the one thing is that they want you to remember? 

I was listening to a podcast the other day and I don't think the speaker said anything about the one key point to walk away with, but I honestly can only remember ONE thing from it.  I don't remember the title of the podcast, the overall point of the message, or any of the "action" points.  

The one thing I wrote down, this one thing that I have thought about over and again this week is the idea that thankfulness changes the atmosphere.  When things aren't going well - in the grand scheme or in a moment - taking a moment to be thankful for what is going well can completely alter your attitude.  It shifts the focus from what isn't going right to what is.

I have practiced this a few times this week and I can honestly say this exercise can shift the atmosphere.  It shifts your gaze from looking down and inward to up and outward.

Try it!  
If it doesn't work, you can get your money back.

Comments

Popular Posts