Tuesberry

About 6 years ago Matt and I were on a Mexican Riviera cruise with our best friends.  It was a good time.  One morning our friend called our room and we started to talk about what our plans were for the day.  I picked up the daily patter and said "let's see....Tuesberry..."
For some unknown reason I exchanged the word "Tuesday" for my own version "Tuesberry".
I giggle to this day when I think about Tuesberry.
So, it is a good thing today is Tuesday and I can giggle about something as simple and silly as a mispronunciation of the day, because quite frankly I am grumpy and I need a little Tuesberry giggle to cheer me up.

Why am I grumpy?

My cat got out last night and got his paws all muddy, which I didn't know about until this morning when I got up and saw his muddy paw prints all over.  Because he got out, he ate grass which is what my cat does when he escapes, and when my cat eats grass, he pukes grass.  Muddy paw prints and grass puke.  Good morning.

I'm also still grumpy over Matt getting a ticket the other day.  Not because of the fine, it is about $200 which stinks, but because we truly feel like he shouldn't have been ticketed.  Since we are fighting the ticket in court the situation is unfinished business.  I absolutely hate unfinished business.  Honestly, I think I would feel better if we just paid the ticket, because it would be solved and over!  (But maybe not because I still don't think he deserved a ticket.)  My brain doesn't stop when there is unfinished business!  It just keeps pulling out details and and replaying events.  It really is quite ridiculous to allow a silly ticket to occupy so much of my brain time.  I have a hard time letting go of things that haven't been wrapped up all neat and tidy.  Perhaps I'm more grumpy at myself for still thinking about the ticket than I am about the ticket?

While I'm at it...here's a tip. When you live in the same town as someone and you miss them, you can invite them over for dinner, that's nice.  When you live more than a few hours away, you shouldn't assume that because you miss someone they should be the ones to travel to see you.  My time and dollars are just as important to me as yours are to you, so if you don't have the time or money to come see me, please don't assume I have the time or money to see you. I love it when people ask if I can come visit, it makes me feel special and loved.  I do not like it when people get mad if I don't, it makes me really grumpy.

And finally, there is a moment in a long distance relationship when you realize that perhaps that distance is too great.  It happens.  Often it is no fault of either party, but just because life is busy and full and long distance relationships get pushed to the back burner.  It is not necessarily a bad thing, living in the present is far better than clinging to the past, but it is still a little sad when I find that months or half a year has passed since I last had a meaningful conversation with someone I love.  As a person who has moved 7 times in about 16 years, I've left a lot of friends, I've held on to a lot of them, and many have slipped away.  Each time I feel one get just a bit too far to reach, it is a little loss.

Tuesberry.  Such a funny, funny word.

So the moral of the story is don't get a cat or a ticket, don't expect others to always come to you, and love your friends deeply even if they slip away.


Comments

Popular Posts