The Most Exciting Piece of Paper....Ever!

Matt came home with a very important sheet of paper.  Actually it is a few pages long.  It has me all giddy and excited.
New PCS orders?  No way.  We've only been here a year and are planning to be here for three more.
Pay stub?  Nope.  Nothing new happening there yet.
Deed to the house?  Heck no.  We still have 29 years to go on that one.

It was none other than.....Matt's list of his AIC. (Army Issued Crap).
That's right.  There are three pages of items listed there.  Three pages of stuff that is currently hanging out in our garage.  Some items on the list are highlighted which means he can turn them in now - out of my garage.  Other items are not highlighted and those are the items he still needs and can turn in when he leaves Fort Lewis - still in the garage but actually going to be used.  And finally there are items not listed on these papers.  Those items are the things that we do not need to keep or turn in therefore we can toss (more realistically donate to a thrift shop)!

Our garage is a sty and I've been working on getting rid of stuff that we don't need.  Old beds, tables, desks, random pieces of wood for projects that failed, old computers and a whole bunch of random stuff that has no place in our lives anymore. There are about 6 large bins of Matt's military stuff and some other bins labeled "Matt's Crap".  I can't sort through these without his input and he has been waiting this list in order to start the sorting process.

I should note that this list is readily available at any time and he chose to wait to get it and start the garage sort until it felt right.  Please see my previous post.

So tomorrow is the big day!  We have the list, we have a vehicle to load crap into, we have a garbage can that is 75% empty with trash day on Monday....we are ready!

I can't believe this day is finally here.  Literally, half of the storage bins have been just waiting for me to get my purging hands on them, and I get to do it Saturday!

Matt is a hoarder which makes it fun to go through stuff that he thought he needed to keep for ages.  Last time I got him to sort out boxes it was 2012 and we found a Fantasy Football draft guide for 2006. I think the player on the cover had retired by then and I'm pretty sure all the stats were way off.  What in the world would inspire a person to keep a magazine that was only relevant for a season?

The downside of Matt being a hoarder is that I often have to fight him on getting rid of stuff.  I'll hold up a cord and say "keep or toss"?  He looks at it, doesn't know what it is for and decides to keep it.  Then comes the inquisition.  Why do we keep a cord that we have no idea what appliance, computer component or device it should go with?  We currently have an entire set of international plugs for a Blackberry.  We don't own a Blackberry.  See the problem?

Hopefully, my visions of a useful and semi-organized garage come to fruition tomorrow!


Comments

Popular Posts