"You're doing that now?"

My family hates the smell of vinegar, so they are particularly irritated that I have switched to pure vinegar to clean the bathrooms, windows, mirrors and sinks in the house.
They always complain.  When they do, I think to myself "like clorox bleach smells any better?"

Last night around 9pm I was cleaning the downstairs powder room toilet with the vinegar that they all hate so much.
Matt walked by and said "you're doing that now??"

Hmm.  Is there a better time?  When is it a fun time to clean the toilet?  Perhaps that has been my problem all these years, I have been mistakingly cleaning at the un-fun time.

I walked in to the bathroom, noticed urine on the seat and cleaned the bathroom.  It seems like a very appropriate time to me.

This my friends is the underlying issue of about 75% of the arguments Matt and I have.  I see no better time than the present, Matt thinks putting it off until tomorrow makes more sense.  So I do it now, or want it done now, and Matt doesn't want to do it until it feels right.  The problem is most things never feel right and then he forgets what he is waiting to do when it does feel right.

Newsflash bucko: cleaning the toilet never really feels right.
Changing diapers? Never a good time.
Making dreaded phone calls?  Never
Cleaning out the garage?  Mowing the lawn?  Unloading the dishwasher?

There are just some tasks that are never fun, so I figure I may as well do it when a) I notice it needs done b) when I have time or c) when guests are scheduled to come over.  C is used sparingly for cases such as dusting, making the guest bed, and hanging pictures that have been sitting in the hall for 6 months...or a year.

So yes, yes honey, I am cleaning the urine spackled toilet at 9pm so that I don't forget to do it, and so I don't accidentally sit on urine spackled toilet before cleaning it and end up with urine spackled butt.





Comments

Popular Posts