ONE Mile

As we prepare for school to start I am checking off boxes on my mental list.
I've done a little inventory of clothes, shoes, school supplies, lunch boxes, umbrellas and rain boots.  I have my list of things I need and things I keep buying and absolutely do not need any more of.  I have played out the way our mornings will go, things to account for now with our different schedules and I am feeling pretty good about how it is all going to shake out.
Until five minutes ago.
I just found out that our neighborhood is now listed as a "safe walking route" for Eli to school.  In some ways, I suppose walking may be safer than riding on a bus with a bus of crazy middle school kids, but I am having a difficult time wrapping my head around my little E walking a whole mile to school.  It will be great exercise but it rains here, a lot.  Poor kid.  He's going to be a little rain soaked puppy walking to school.
Since there is no way I can stomach him going at it alone, it is time to roam through the neighborhood in search of a middle school kid that I can either carpool with (I can bring the kids home) or that Eli can at least walk to school with.
There is a boy in our neighborhood that took the bus to school last year, so I intend to seek his mother out ASAP and see if we can strike a deal.  I asked Eli where the kid lives and he said he didn't know.  I guess I'm door knocking for middle schoolers?
And of coarse praying for divine intervention.

Comments

Popular Posts