Run Away!

I live in an incredibly beautiful place.
Sometimes I forget how beautiful it is here in Olympia.
Yes it rains.
A lot.
But it doesn't always rain.
And when it stops and the sun shines...it is truly beautiful!

Last night it stopped raining in time for me to go for a run while the boys were at AWANA.  I dropped them off and then parked the van downtown at the waterfront and took off for a run.

I ran past the marina in East Bay and along the Budd Inlet. 

And past a hundred pretty houses that overlook the Puget Sound.  Lucky ducks.  

After I nearly died while running up a hill for 2.5 miles 
(a long painful hill followed by a quick drop and another quick climb) 
I turned the corner inland and passed farms and cute cows.


And deer roaming through the woods on the side of the road.


Then there were more hills and more woods.


And this fun neighborhood.  Very colorful...and inviting.


Of coarse, what goes up must come down. 
 These was a portion of the steep, like really really steep, road that let me back down to East Bay. One drop of rain and I would have slid down this hill.

I'm really beginning to love this place.
Where else does your kid play baseball with Mount Rainier in the background?

That big white bump behind the building is the mountain.  The shadows on the ground are proof that it is indeed sunny, and nearly cloudless on a Tuesday night in April.

Comments

Popular Posts