Time to Panic

When we found out that we were moving to Germany I promised myself that I was going to live in the moment and stay connected here until the very end.
I think I have done a good job of keeping that promise. A good thing right?
Yes. I am still enjoying every aspect of my life here. I haven't severed any ties, the pictures are still hung on the wall and I'm not looking for houses in Germany online.
No. I lost track of time. I didn't make any hotel reservations for the 5 days that we will be in Virginia after our household goods are gone and before we fly out to California. The result of "living in the moment" is that there is no room in the inn, literally. I called every military installation from Quantico to Andrews and nobody has any room. Military hotels are set up perfectly for a PCS move. Their rooms have fridges, microwaves, stoves, a sitting area separate from the sleeping area, washer and dryers on-site AND the cost for all these amenities is usually $45-$75. I wouldn't stay at any other establishment for that price without fearing for my heath and safety and even it it were a clean and safe place, chances are it wouldn't have any of these amenities.
After surfing the internet and checking on prices for hotels, rental cars, shipping times and regulations for the van, and thinking about the fact that we still don't have orders so we can set up the movers or buy airfare to Germany I realized IT IS TIME TO PANIC!
We don't know for sure where we are moving in Germany so we can't preregister Eli for school, accurately determine what items we should take and what ones we should store or make reservations for a hotel in Germany.
We need to sell the Mazda, but not too soon or we'll have to juggle life with one car and we need to start notifying utilities of cancellation, we need to . . . . stay calm.

Comments

Popular Posts