What's Up?

If I type it in English instead of German I won't get confused about what my topic is. So this is what we have been up to.
The end of April I took a mom's weekend off and headed to the hills with some girlfriends. We took back roads from Fairfax, VA to Berkeley Springs, WV. That's right, I said West Virginia. Who would have thought? On our way to Berkeley Springs we stopped off at an auction. Seriously, side of the road, fast talker, accidentally bidding while swatting at flies auction. We were planning to just stop in and see what it was all about but we got sucked in and couldn't leave without a trunk full of stuff. No kidding. My favorite item was this fabulous suitcase.
After our bidding and people watching we headed to Harper's Ferry for a bit, to Shepherdstown for lunch and finally made our way to Berkeley Springs. We stayed outside of town at a place called Cacapon State Park. It is really a fabulous place! We woke up Sunday morning and went sloshwalking. It was the girls' first time. Initially they were questioning my suggestion that we walk in the creek with our shoes on, but the heat of the day and beauty of the water sucked them in. They loved it! I have a feeling the next time they see a clear, shallow creek, they may not be able to stop themselves from jumping in.
On our way back home we stopped by Antietam National Battlefield and Cemetery, some random discount store in MD, and then finished our journey with dinner, a movie and some good old Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Mmm. It was a really great trip and I'm so blessed to have such great friends and have these memories of our adventure together.
The following weekend Matt went down to Richmond for the race, and the weekend after that the boys and I went down to Virginia Beach to enjoy the sun, sand, the beauty of the ocean. We saw a million (maybe 100) dolphins, rode this crazy family "bike" on the beach, played in the water, and had a really great time.
Deep breath in. Whew. This past weekend we took Eli to his t-ball game, Gabe to his soccer game, headed to Andrews AFB for an airshow, and then finished off the weekend by hosting the fam for a BBQ at our house.
We've been pretty busy. Memorial Day weekend will bring more t-ball and soccer, a bbq with friends a reggae concert with Matt's aunt Tina, Gabe and Zuleika, and who knows what else we will fit in!
I'll be loading more pictures to my shutterfly site soon.

Comments

You make me feel more normal about the amount of busy-ness we've been fitting into the last month! I think there should be at least 6 weekends in every month :)

LOVE the suitcase! I've never been to a real auction!

Popular Posts