Sacrifice

The topic of Eli's devotions this week is sacrifice. At the beginning of the week, the study asked what you were giving up to show God that you love him. We talked about it a bit, then continued with the second part of the question, which was challenging you to give up something for the week. The boys talked it over and decided to give up TV. We initially said that they could still watch their one morning cartoon, but as it turns out they haven't. The TV has been off, to include Wii and movies.
Today, I was in the car talking on the phone to Rachael, and I was explaining to her the whole sacrifice scenario. Gabriel kept calling my name, and I finally said "Gabriel, do you see this phone next to my head? I am talking. Please wait". And without missing a beat, Gabriel responded "I'm going to sacrifice your phone".
It was hilarious. OK, maybe no hilarious but darn funny.

Comments

Popular Posts