Fact vs Truth

I attended a PWOC conference this past weekend and was overwhelmingly blessed. PWOC stands for Protestant Women of the Chapel, you know those military folks, they like to give things a really long name and then make up an acronym for them.
My friend Becki invited me to join her for the conference weeks ago, but I put off making the decision to go until about 8am the morning of the conference. I needed to go. I'm so glad she invited me, and that I decided to go despite the van battery being dead, missing Eli's first t-ball practice, having 1 hour to get from the conference to church, and chosing to be inside on the first fabulously sunny weekend of the year.
There were many ways that I was blessed by the day, and most likely I'm going to tell you about a few of them, for now I'll share about our facts vs our truth.
Matthew 8:24-25 "Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
The facts: there were seriously big waves that threatened the safety of the disciples.
Verse 26 "He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm"
The truth: God has power over the wind and the waves. Oh, those waves were rocking that boat that is a fact, but the truth was that they would not sink the ship.

My facts: In just over 2 months I am leaving this home, church, and friends that I have grown to love so dearly over the past 4 years. I will cry, to the point of this ship looking like it is going down, I will be sad, my heart will break, and I will miss this life I have here.
My truth: God will be there through my own personal storm and He will bring this ship into port. He will be there through my lonliness, sadness, and bind up my broken heart. There will be great things for me to come.

The facts of this day, this week, this year are not the truth, Jesus proclaimed in John 14:6 "I am the truth".

Comments

Popular Posts