Bye Bye Baggy

Matt and Gabriel dropped Baggy off at the airport today to catch his flight to California. I felt bad for sending Matt to do the deed since Matt really wanted to bring the cat to Germany. I couldn't take him because I had a doctor appointment and our time to ship is quickly dwindling, so Matt had to do the airport goodbye.
The airlines won't ship animals if the temperature outside is more than 85 degrees. Since the cat is traveling from Northern Virginia (forecast for the weekend 85) to Texas (HOT) and on to California - if we don't get him out of here now, we'll be in trouble.
I would like to throw out a little plug for American Airlines for all my fellow military family readers OK, "all" my be an exaggeration, I should say "for my three active duty readers". American Airlines offers a 50% discount when shipping a pet via cargo within the US. This is fabulous! Tell all your active duty pals who are pet owners and getting ready to PCS!
Alright, so back to the cat. The poor guy must have known something was up. He weaved in and out of my legs all morning, spent some extra time snuggling with Matt, and looked like he was taking a "walk-thru" of the house late last night to say "adios".
He is such a funny guy. He can be so lovable and cute, and yet he can also drive you insane with his messy eating and refusal to cover the poo in the litter box. Everyone will miss him, even me.
Eli and Matt are definitely more fond of the cat than Gabriel and I so I thought it would be a good thing that Gabriel and Matt were the ones taking him to the airport. Eli would have cried and broke Matt's heart even more, but I expected Gabriel to step on his tail or pull out a whisker as he said his "goodbyes" forcing Matt to focus on Gabriel not being mean instead of the cat leaving. As it turns out, Matt did fine, but Gabriel had a change of heart and required some encouragement and Taco Bell bribery in order to maintain mental stability.
I'm hoping that the cat makes it to California with a few of his lives still left, and that he settles in well with my parents and . . . their DOG! I'm also thankful that my parents were willing to accept him as a foster kitty.

Comments

Maureen said…
Oh, I'm so sad for Baggy. He really is a sweet cat. Glad to hear you decided to send him to your mom's after all. He'll always be in the family... I'm also a little jealous that you have a pet-free house! Was the cat food incident before or after Baggy left? I'm so tired of the cat messes! Just recently, we decided that Mikey has to be quarantined to our bedroom and bathroom. He's just too old and stinky to have access to the entire house.

Popular Posts