Just another reason why I love Army life

This morning I received an email from a lady that Matt and I met at church in Clarksville, Tn.
I haven't spoken to her since we left over 4 years ago. We didn't have a close relationship, but her and her husband were our Sunday School teachers for about a year.
For some reason God put me on her heart a few weeks ago and she just can't get me out of her head. =) She happen to mention this in front of my boys' old babysitter, Heidi, who for some reason memorized my email address and was able to write it down for her.
She didn't have anything profound to tell me, she just wanted me to know she had been thinking about me. Her email served as an excellent reminder to me of the way God blessed us during our time in Clarksville. We never really felt great about our church there, but we somehow found our place in an older couples' (40's and 50's) Sunday School class let by a really fabulous couple.
I love that there are people all over the country, and soon to be WORLD, from all different walks of life, ages, and geographical quirks (Alabamans) that we have had the chance to get to know and to bless or be blessed by.
I may not run into many people that I know at the grocery store, but I have friends all over the world.

Comments

Popular Posts