We've got to get organized!

Matt's cousin Gabe and his wife Zuleika stopped by our house today. They just arrived in Northern Virginia after spending the last week driving from Washington. Gabe will be stationed at the Navy Annex outside of DC for the next 2 years. We are so excited that Gabe and Zuleika will be living about 20 minutes away, at least for the next few months.
As I was gathering some things together to make life a little more comfortable for them as they wait for their household goods (aero bed, sheets, and towels) my Gabe struck up this conversation:

G: Mom, we've got to get organized.
C: Ok, what do we need to organize?
G: We need to organize what to call the big Gabe and what to call me.
C: Well I think we will be able to figure it out.
G: How about the other one be called "Gabe" and I'll be called Gabriel.
C: That works for me.
G: OK

We informed Gabe, the original, of the plan, gave them the supplies and said our "goodbyes".
Gabe said "goodbye Gabriel"
Gabriel smiled a huge smile and said "Goodbye Gaaaabe".

Gabriel thinks it is so cool that Gabe shared his name with Gabriel!

Comments

That is cute :). And so was the conversation about baptism-- I love it when they give us some insight into their perspective!

Popular Posts