Random things to Share

I have a German phrase-a-day calendar. A few days ago the phrase was "Ich gehe einkaufen" which means "I am going shopping". This made me very happy. Not only because it is a handy phrase, although I usually say that to my boys, Matt, or friends and they all speak English, but also because some of recent phrases were not very useful like "I like to wear pants" and "my husband works in the garden".

Matt downloads a kazillian gigawats or terabyts or whatever of random things on-line. This drives me crazy because he always ends up downloading something that causes me greif. A while back he downloaded some program that insists upon openning every time I plug in my camera. This would be handy if anyone used that program but we don't so it is just irritating. During his recent downloading frenzy he picked up a ridiculous virus that killed our computer. I'm currently using the 6 year old laptop, and I'm cranky about it.

I marked my calendar for my first house guests in Germany! I can't believe it. We are not even there yet and I already have guests! My sister found a pretty good deal on flights for November. This will make leaving in the summer a little easier.

I think my ipod touch is Republican. Every time I type the letters g-o it suggests that the word I want to use is GOP - seriously in all caps. Nevermind the many other words that start with "go" that would actually be used in text messages like "going" "good" "got" or just plain go.

2 Corinthians 1:21 "Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He announted us, set his seal of ownership on us; and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."

Comments

Popular Posts