Why is your belly so big?

I came home tonight and changed into my lounge wear (some comfy stretching pants and a tank top). Apparently the elastic waisted pants revealed something new to Eli - I have a gut.
He looked at me very seriously and asked "why is your belly so big?".
I'm trying not to introduce the "f-a-t" word to the boys so I said "because I'm chubby".
He replied "no that isn't it".
We went back and forth a few minutes about how huge my belly was and pondered why it was so big. Finally, Eli concluded "mom you must have ate too much".
"Yes Eli, I ate too much today, yesterday and probably a little too much off and on for the last few months and therefore I have a big belly".
That was a really fun, uplifting conversation I had with my 5 year old. Last night Gabe and Matt had a lengthy conversation about God, Jesus, and heaven. Did I get the God questions? Nope. I get to discuss flab.

Comments

Popular Posts