5 miles!

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to run 3 miles in 33 minutes or less. Since meeting that goal earlier this year, I have continued to run and have been trying to increase my speed and distance. Although I experience a lot of pain in my left knee after completing a run, I have continued to run and I'm determined to improve my running ability.
Yesterday I ran 5 miles in 55 minutes. It isn't a great speed, but it was the first time I ran for such a long time, so I was pretty impressed with myself. The best news is that I had no knee pain during or following the run!
Now, I must confess I only run on a treadmill, in an air conditioned gym! A runner friend of mine said that running on a treadmill takes 20% less effort than running outside. I'll agree with this statement. So, in running reality I only ran 4 miles - but in my reality it was 5!
Someday I'll take to the streets, but until then . . . I'm willing my legs to keep moving on the treadmill and believing that even in my 30's, I can still take on new physical challenges and be successful!

Comments

that's awesome! did you guys register for the ATM in the fall??

Popular Posts