Ordinary Day

On the surface today was just an ordinary day, but it was really a great one. The day started off with my 7am doctor appointment. Seriously, 7am on a Saturday? It was the only appointment I could get, so I took it. I saw a very efficient and nice Nurse Practitioner who did what I asked of her and went above and beyond, just the opposite of my last NP. After the Dr. visit I was feeling faint from the blood draw (not really but it sounds good) so I was off to Panera for a 400+ calorie cinnamon crunch bagel and a coffee. I enjoyed the breakfast in the restaurant, uninterrupted, and then headed to Target, the mecca of all discount shopping to pick up some things on my list . . . and somethings that were not. And finally, I stopped by the gym to work off the bagel. After I finished my 45 minutes on the elliptical (the exact amount of time required to burn off the bagel) the older man next to me took out one of his earphones and said to me "I knew you could do it, it was tough there at the end but you did it!" Shouldn't I be cheering him on? Anyway, by this time I figured I better get home. Matt, the boys and I headed to the pool for 2 hours and enjoyed the passing clouds and refreshing water. We almost had the pool to ourselves, which made it even more enjoyable.
After lunch and some "quiet time" for Eli, he came downstairs and asked me to play with him. I told him I really wanted to but I had so much cleaning to do, I couldn't play until I was done. He looked up at me and said "then I'll help you". It was possibly the sweetest moment I have had with Eli in awhile. He just wanted to be with me. So, I gave him all the "cool" jobs that he usually doesn't get to take part in like squirting the windex on the glass, dusting the shutters, and cleaning the toilet. He wasn't squealing with excitement but he didn't leave either.
We ate dinner and filled the time with laughter, followed by a sing along with Bob and Larry, and got the boys in bed in time for Matt and I to watch a movie together.
I got some errands done, enjoyed some time alone, time with the family, and time with . At the end of the day I stopped to think how special the "ordinary" can be.
I hope you have an ordinary day!

Comments

Popular Posts