Chicken Sandwich Update

Ever since the Great Chicken Sandwich discussion of 2008 I have had three offers to buy me my first chicken sandwich!
This week the opportunity finally came for me to swing through the drive through and see what all the fuss is about.
Since Chick-Fil-A gets rave reviews and its founder, Truett Cathy, is the proclaimed inventor of the "breast of chicken sandwich" it seamed like the only logical place to try my first sandwich. I ordered the original chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun. The sandwich consisted of a breaded chicken breast and 5 pickles placed on a bun. Honestly, it looked pretty gross. I couldn't bring myself to eat it just like that, so I added some Jack Daniels Spicy BBQ sauce to it when I got home. Is that breaking the rules?
I have to say the chicken was quite tasty, even without the BBQ sauce. It was seasoned and breaded very well. I expected a big fat slab of chicken breast, but this was nice and thin - very manageable. The sandwich was good, but I wouldn't say overwhelmingly good. Maybe if there was more too it in the condiment/fixin department it would have been more spectacular.
I'm sorry to say, I still don't really get the concept. I would have rather just had the chicken on a plate and used some old fashioned utensils to cut it up and eat it.

Comments

Popular Posts