News of the Day

Both of the Safeway grocery stores closest to my house stopped carrying Tillamook Cheeses. Safeway was the only store in this area that carried my cheese. I doubt I need to say anything more on this subject.

3 miles. One of my resolutions for 2008 was to run, not walk, 3 miles at a 10-11 mile per minute pace. Today I accomplished that goal! I ran on the treadmill on a flat "road" and felt really good while running and even afterwards. I almost cried because I actually did it! For all of you "runners" this may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but for me, a complete non-runner, it really was. I'm pretty sure I could have continued running if it were not for the fact that I had my mind set on 3 miles. Up until today I was just sure 6mph (about a 10 minute pace) was the fastest my legs could take me, but I found that 6.5 mph isn't that much different at all and it gets me done just a bit faster!
I plan to keep running every week and hopefully I'll pick up the pace a little and eventually add some more distance to the run.

Comments

mrscotis said…
No tillimook cheese?! I would put in a complaint or move.
How weird is this, our regular tillimook is way more expensive then the sharp tillimook. Go figure. So we get to eat sharp tillimook cheese now. Maybe I can send you a block?
Good for you and the three miles. The only way I can run is if I am outside. I think running on the treadmill is so much harder. Way to meet your goal!
Unknown said…
seriously, you need to try the Safeway that I would argue is closest to you . . . the Daniels Square Safeway has Tillamook- a little overpriced, but worth it- yes?
i don't know how far the closest commissary is (quantico??) but ours carries select varieties of tillamook...

so jealous about the running! i've been having some back/leg issues so haven't run since november...i miss it! great job!

Popular Posts