Challenge Accepted

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my gross feet and other things that I kept putting off because they were too funky or difficult to address.

I am pleased to report that since that post, I enjoyed a lovely pedicure,  had a counseling appointment, made a doctor appointment, and went to a chiropractor twice. 

The chiropractor actually has nothing to do with me putting things off.  I managed to hurt my back folding laundry and after three days of getting progressively more and more immobile, I decided to head to the chiropractor for some relief.  I am happy to report I can almost put my shoes on now without crying.  

According to my chiropractor, if I had been taking care of my back a bit better before the dramatic laundry experience, I probably wouldn't have been so jacked up.  It is possible that the chiropractor is just trying to drum up business by encouraging me to come more often, but I think there is truth there.  I think he had a point about taking care of things when they are just slightly uncomfortable rather than waiting until you are in crisis. 

With that, my task list for this week includes finding and making appointments for a dentist, optometrist, and vet for Hazel.

I hope that someone who reads this will be encouraged to make some appointments for themselves, whether it be for mental or physical health - you are worth it!  


Comments

Popular Posts