Oh say can you see....

Call it old age, hormones, a move of the spirit...I don't know what it is but lately I can't get through the singing of the National Anthem without getting choked up.

Maybe it is because I have seen sacrifices made for this country.
Maybe it is because I have had to make a few.
It could be because I see our Nation and feel a great sadness of what we have become and I fear what this world will be for my kids and future generations.
It could be because I have pride in the fact that our country is great and provides opportunities that are unrivaled in other parts of the world.

I don't know what it is but by the time I get to "and the rockets red glare"  I'm probably crying or my voice is cracking as I stand among thousands and honor our country before the beginning of some sporting event or ceremony.

I suppose there is no sense of trying to figure it out.
It just is.

Comments

Popular Posts