Gabe was pummeled at school today by a woman on a mission.
He was walking through the hall and a girl t-boned him, knocked him down, and his face hit the concrete.

I'm not sure where this girl was going in such a hurry or how she managed to stay standing while Gabe was on the ground, but that is apparently what happened.  She walked off and didn't even bother to help the kid up.

Highly durable middle school flooring vs front tooth
The victor was the flooring.
Gabe's tooth broke.

Like imagine a toothpick that you crack in half.
It didn't get knocked out, it totally broke off.
I didn't even know teeth could do that.

Gabe called dad, dad calls me, I call my mom, I call Matt, Matt calls Gabe, and it was decided that we needed to get to the dentist as soon as possible.
This would have been easier if we actually had a dentist in this area but the last known dentist was our family dentist down in Olympia.  While I don't mind driving down there for some quality dental care, we knew this was not going to be a one-stop trip to the dentist.
So Matt, the hero of the day, finds a local dentist, picks Gabe up from school, takes him to an emergency appointment and brings the sad, injured kiddo home.

I got home in time to make it to the second dental appointment of the day, this was an endodontist.  The plan was for the endodontist to do a little something and then go back to the dentist to craft a fake tooth for my poor baby.

We waited with Gabe as he got a root canal.  He asked me to stay in the room with him.  I don't advise watching that procedure.  It was disgusting.

Finally, at 5:30 we leave the office with prescriptions to fill, an appointment for the following day to repair the tooth and one very sweet 12 year old.

We got in the car and were heading home and Gabriel said "thanks".
You read that right.
He said "thank you" to us for taking him to the dentist to get his root canal.

Love that sweet boy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow. Sweet Gabe!! Terrible, thoughtless girl. So so sorry you all had to endure all of that! Crazy!

Popular Posts