Did you know it is possible to burn boiled eggs?

I boiled some eggs yesterday and set a timer for what I thought would be an appropriate time to make some delicious hard boiled eggs.
Gabe loves boiled eggs and will snack on them if they are in the fridge.
I love deviled eggs.  So I will take a perfectly healthy snack and add a bunch of fat too it, and then snack on them.

The timer went off, I plopped the eggs under cold water and then let the eggs continue to cool.
A little while later Gabe went in for a sample.
What he found was a very soft boiled egg.
The white was pretty solid but the surprise inside was not pleasant for either of our tastes.

So after a quick search of the internets, I found that it would be perfectly fine to put the eggs back in water and boil them.

This time I forgot to set a timer.

The water boiled completely down until all that was left in the pot were the eggs.
I happened to walk into the kitchen and notice little toasted boiled eggs.  The outside shell looked just like a perfectly toasted marshmallow.

I suspect at some point soon my over-heated, totally hard boiled, toasty eggs were going to explode, but by God's grace I was spared that smelly disaster and instead I just had to toss my eggs quick before burned boiled egg smell infused my house.

This....exactly this, is why my first purchase with my lotto winnings will be to have a personal chef in my house.  And this, is exactly why I'm overwhelmed with gratitude when my Super Cousin Rhonda blesses me with a freezer full of delicious meals ready-to-bake.  She even writes the cooking instructions on each menu item so I don't have to use my sad little cooking brain to guess.

I destroyed our eggs last night but I killed the boxed blueberry muffins this morning.

I swear there was a time in my life that I could bake from scratch and it would actually turn out.  What happened???


Comments

Anonymous said…
you are a good cook!

Popular Posts