"Even the most skillful tailor couldn't hide a seam once a cloth was torn in two."  

I recently read this line from the book Two Family House by Lynda Cohen Loigman.  As soon as I read the words I felt the need to read them again to really let them sink in, and eventually found a scrap of paper to write them down on to make sure that I never forget them.

I'm sure the words evoke a different mental image for each person that reads them.  For me, I pictured a yard of flowing silk, flawless with the exception of an unsightly seam that runs straight down the middle of the otherwise perfectly smooth cloth.

This quote is a metaphor for shattered relationships.
Sometimes the tear is so great that even the skilled tailor cannot return the cloth to its original beauty.



Comments

Anonymous said…
i hope this not a passive aggressive way of telling me we are through ;)

Popular Posts