If you don't have anything nice to say.....

That pretty much explains my absence from this place.
Work schmork.
It has been a less than desirable start to the year.
I spend way too much time complaining about workplace drama.
I've shed tears of anger.
I've shed tears of frustration.
I've said some naughty words.
I've been a mean girl.
I've called Matt and asked him to come get me and take me home because I was quitting.
(The minor humor in that is, I drive myself to work and there is actually no legitimate reason that I would need him to come get me so I could quit.)
The only thing keeping me from losing my mind is that two of the people I work with are really awesome.  Like puts aside their own work to help me with mine and brings me fresh apple donuts and cider to my house on a a rainy Saturday.  Their awesomeness, and my commitment to them, keeps me from taking my stapler and stomping out the door.
It also helps that at this point I am just trying to get through this year.  I have no idea what the future holds, as far as where Matt and I will be next year, so there is no need to spend my energy thinking about whether or not I want to tie myself to this horse beyond this year.

I shouldn't let the goings on at my mess of a workplace take the joy out of other areas of my life!  Its my life and work is a part of it, not IT.  So I am moving on.  Mentally and emotionally starting today, I'm leaving my workplace mayhem at my desk and not letting it seep into the many things in my life that are simply awesome and amazing and beautiful.

1.  I went on a girl's trip to Canada with the ladies I developed a strong bond with in Germany.  We had a great time.  We laughed, we talked, I shed a few tears, we shopped, we ate, we hiked and kayaked, we caught up with each other, and laughed some more.  It is an amazing blessing that God placed us all together at that particular time and place in Germany and that each of us have remained committed to keeping this relationship alive despite the distances that are between us.  I am so incredibly thankful for these ladies and for our annual getaway.

2.  My girlfriend knit me a blanket.  If you have never had a blanket knit for you out of super cozy, cuddly, soft yarn in beautiful colors then you are missing out.  I cried when I opened the gift.  I was simply overwhelmed that my friend spent so much time and effort to make such a treasure for me.  It is amazing and I'm not sharing.  Seriously, if you are ever at my house and feel drawn to cuddle up with my giant blankie, resist.  Get your own friend that knits blankets.

3.  I spent my birthday with the cousins.  They came down to have lunch and cake with me and then we went to dinner and a Sounders match.  I had such a great day.  It was a nice mix of family, food, and fun sporting events.  I am so blessed that these peeps are so close to me and that we get to share so much of our lives together.
Another highlight of the day was some Facebook posts by friends and family.  A handful of people posted pictures of me and that person.  I loved it.  Pictures allow me to relive moments and remember the times surrounding them. So it was fun to have people remind me of great times I shared with them.
This is my last year in my 30's.  I really have nothing to add to that comment.

4.  I started my Christmas shopping.  I don't mean "hey I bought A Christmas gift".  I mean I have bought numerous Christmas gifts and I have a bunch of ideas for more, which makes me super happy.  I love giving gifts that are well thought out.  I love when I see something and a lightbulb goes off that says "hey give that to this person".  I hate last minute gift giving for the sake of slapping my name on a gift.  That isn't magical or fun at all.  So yay!

5.  This crap at work is teaching me some things.  It is teaching me some tough lessons about myself and how I take on adversity, it teaches me about others' integrity, and it is really challenging me to take responsibility for my own attitude.  I'm determined to come out of this integrity intact and a better stronger person.



Comments

Popular Posts