Another drive another book....or two.
I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to books this summer to pass the time while driving.
I think I've read 3 and listened to 4 so far.
I have two more downloaded, ready for my next trip down to California.

I can't explain my desire to go.
I went, did what I needed to do, extended my stay and said my goodbye.
I vowed I wouldn't return until her memorial service.
And yet.....top of the morning I'll be southbound on I-5 again.
I don't know why, but I feel an overwhelming desire to be with my family in the coming days.

I was conflicted.
Lots of phone calls to my sister, trying to figure out what I wanted to do.
Then a few days ago my cousin offered to take the boys camping for a week so I would be free to go back down if I needed to.
And then this morning I got a call to update me that breathing had become less frequent and labored.
Time was short.
My decision was made.
My cousin will take my ticket to the baseball game tomorrow then take the boys for a week to hang out by the lake, fishing, wake boarding, tubing, and camping.
And I leave tomorrow for Ca.

I don't know what I hope to accomplish.
I don't really know why I feel I should go.
And I even know that it is somewhat foolish to go back down.
But the draw to leave is difficult to ignore.

My husband is the most supportive guy out there.  He absolutely doesn't understand why I came back and why I am going down again but he genuinely told me to do whatever I want to do.
I struggled to give him a reason for leaving but he finally said "you don't need a reason just go".

Thank you to my amazing cousins to are making their relaxing week at the lake way more stressful by adding my kiddos to the mix, and to my husband for being awesome, and to my boys for being so flexible as the end of this summer has spiraled off to something so unexpected.

Thank to you God for His ever present peace and for the assurance that because Jesus died on the cross, covered our sins, paid our debt and set us free, my grandmother will soon spend her eternity in heaven.

Comments

Unknown said…
That time with your family is something you will treasure forever. Difficult - yes but oh so worth it. You don't have to explain why you feel you need to go but cherish and relish this time. Know that you are in my prayers for comfort and peace through this difficult time.

Popular Posts