Who Are You?


The beginning of the school year always brings some activity where the boys tell their teacher and/or classmates a little about themselves.
I love reading these!

Here is some of my favorite from Gabe's questionnaire:
People who live with me: Matt, Riss, eli
School would be better if: we had swings
If I had a million dollars I would: build a restaurant
Something I want you to know about me: my family travels a lot
Favorite vacation spot: blank
Favorite tv show: blank
Favorite food: blank
What?  Apparently there were about 10 questions that he deemed too bothersome to answer so he left them blank.  
So disappointing.   
I made him go back and answer a bunch of them.  I was quite irritated that he filled in the favorite vacation spot as "Europe".  Little stinker.
But this does say a lot about him, he doesn't like being pelted with questions about himself, his day, or anything else that he doesn't feel like sharing.

Eli didn't get so lucky as to simply fill out a form, his "all about me" work was in his language arts class.  His teacher required a creative writing piece.

Where I'm From by Eli
I am from baseball games, from books and art
I am from the house that has a forest in the background larger than the others
it sounds like birds chirping and kids playing
I am the vines that go everywhere and the tree that people climb
I am from the beach house on Thanksgiving in Florida every year
I am from the tall woman in the back of the room
From Matt, Riss and Gabe
I am from forgetting important stuff and a traveling family.
From "treat others the way you want to be treated" and "if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't talk at all"
I'm from a church that is like a family of Christians
I'm from Tennessee, Mexico and England, fish and chips and tacos
From the man who is saving lives, the woman teaching others
I am from Clarksville, Tennessee a small house with a big yard
I am from America.

One thing I noticed as I looked over the kids' papers....they both write my name down as Riss.  I wonder if they know my full name?



Comments

Rachael said…
Oh my goodness. Eli has some serious talent. I cried when I read his. Loved it.

Popular Posts