Prayer

Matt wakes me up almost every morning.  He sends his first text right around 6am and then texts me incessantly until I wake up and respond.  Even on Saturday when he forgets that some people don't have to get up and go to work on Saturday.  It is truly one of the best parts of my day.
Yesterday was no different.  My phone was firing away text after text and even though I shoved the phone under my covers, I could still hear it going off.  When I finally looked at the phone through my sleepy, squinted eyes, I saw that the first text was not from Matt, it was from a friend of our family.  Since 6am texts usually only come from Matt, my interest was peaked.
The friend was writing to tell me Matt was on his heart and in his prayers today.  With the chaos that is filling the middle east these days he felt compelled to remind me that he is praying for Matt and told me to let him know if he needs to "intensify his prayers" if Matt's location or status changes.  I chuckled about his intensity of prayer remark.  I replied "no need to up the threatcon level, prayer intensity can remain at code orange".


Anyone remember Bush's color coded terror threat level chart?  Am I the only one considering a new and improved "Prayer Intensity Chart"?

Later that morning I sent Matt a message, letting him know that our friend was praying for him.  Matt's response forced tiny drops of rain to flow slowly from my eyes. He said "that is nice of him, I have not once felt down here...and I can only attribute that to those like you and him who keep me in their thoughts and pray for me".
If at ever you think that your prayers don't matter, think again.  To spend 180 days away from family and the comforts of home and to be in an environment where life is truly in danger and to still be able to say "I have not once felt down here" is testimony to the power of prayers lifted up on his behalf.
So thank you to all who have prayed over Matt.  He has truly been touched by your prayers.

Comments

Rachael said…
I love the new and improved scale and think you should implement it immediately! I too have had more thoughts and prayers than usual for Matt these days. Would love to hear if/when you need to intensify the prayers levels. Love you guys.

Popular Posts