First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of school for us.
We took the obligatory front door photos.

I constantly get comments about how much the boys look alike.
I don't see it.
Maybe my view of them on the outside is skewed by what I know of them on the inside.
Their very different personalities reveal themselves in every aspect of their lives.
Both kids picked out their own outfits for school.
Gabe chose a long sleeve stylish shoody (what he calls a shirt with a hood), layered with a down vest and finished off with hair a la gel and zip up converse (because he is too lazy to tie his shoes).

Eli threw on shorts (no matter what the temperature is) a school t-shirt and school hoody, and his signature Sambas.  He doesn't brush his hair unless it is sticking up straight. He only wears black sambas or chucks. And he would prefer shorts and a hoody to any other articles of clothing at any given point in time.
Eli was more interested in showing school pride and getting to school asap.
G wanted to look handsome.

I opted for white pants because there are only 4 weeks out of the year that I wear white pants.  The first two and the last two...not because I care about that whole "can't wear white after labor day" thing but because these are the only 4 weeks that I don't have students threatening to ruin my clothes!




Comments

Rachael said…
Love these adorable pics! Love that they are both developing their own style and you let them pick! A good lesson for me... :)

Popular Posts