In a still small voice.

Often I think of the God of the Old Testament hollering down from a dark sky in a loud thunderous voice - like an angry James Earl Jones.  But scripture tells us that he often speaks in a whisper, like
the sound of the breeze.
Today He spoke in a whisper.

Matt text me this morning and said he was feeling kind of low.  I do believe those were his exact words.
A few minutes later he text me back "the 49ers signed Anquan Boldin".
While that is great news, it wasn't really what I was looking for in the area up "pick me up".

Hours later he text me back telling me that a fellow soldier in uniform noticed that Matt was wearing his combat uniform (they are different than the uniforms people wear if they are not deploying) and told Matt "have a safe journey".

Throughout the day four more times Matt was approached by someone, civilians and soldiers, who stopped and told him things like "be safe"and "God Bless".

I asked him if he was the only one wearing the uniform and he said "no" and he has been wearing it for a few weeks now and nobody has ever said a word to him until today on his "feeling down day".

God took this feeling kind of low day and encouraged Matt through the mouths of strangers.

When got home from work I stepped in to the kitchen and noticed two things: it was clean and there were flowers.  We left the kitchen a complete disaster last night when we went to bed and I knew I had a mess to tackle when I got home, but Matt took care of that for me.

The Bible says God is love.  So when you chose to act selfless in the things to say to loved ones or strangers or the things you do for the same, you are revealing the love of God to someone who may just really need a pick me up.




Comments

Popular Posts