Tonight I was faced with a dilemma of gigantor proportions.

We have breakfast for dinner.
I whipped up made-to-order eggs for all, sausage and belgian waffles.
After all the man-folk had their fill, I started my own portion.  One egg omelet with an overload of Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese nestled inside, two perfectly cooked breakfast sausage patties and a slightly crunchy belgian waffled topped with a drizzle of Box Berry Farms syrup that my cousin's girlfriend bestowed upon me a few months ago.
My plate was perfect.
And then came my dilemma.
I like hot food.
There is a moment between burn-your-tastebuds-hot and lukewarm that my food is at the perfect temperature.  I strongly dislike luke warm food.  I like that perfect temperature.

So there I was staring at three delicious items and I was torn....what to eat first?
Which item tastes the best hot and the worst cold?  Eggs?  Waffle?  Sausage?  What to do?

I realized I was struggling with this food choice issue when I found myself shoveling food into my mouth at a ridiculously rapid pace.  I was cramming it in so fast I couldn't even taste it.

Clearly, I have issues.

I decided the omelet needed to come first, closely followed by the waffle and lastly the sausage, but I reserved one last square of waffle so that when my sausage was finished I would cleanse my palate with something sweet rather than savory.

I think it was a good choice.

Comments

Popular Posts