"I'll see you then, or in heaven"

Today a kid was talking to his dad about an upcoming deployment.
The kid asked the dad "exactly when are you leaving?"
The dad responded.
Then the kid asked "and exactly when are you coming home?"
The dad gave an estimated date.
Then the kid said "well I guess I'll see you then, or I'll see you in heaven".

Would it be too weird if that is how I start saying goodbye to people?

It is sad to know that this kid is thinking about the possibility of his dad's death.
But his thoughts are also very wise.
There is no fear.
There is no reason to fear.
Fear is debilitating, fear holds you back, fear causes stress and tears and pain that may be unfounded. Fear robs you of joy.
Truth sets you free.  The truth is God has this kid and his dad in his hands.  God will never leave them.  God has a plan for each of them, and it is good.  God said there may be troubles in this world but don't worry, He has overcome the world.





Comments

Popular Posts