Whoa Wednesday.

Today was a ridiculously busy day.
I knew it was going to be hectic.  Had 10-15 minutes between 5 different activities that took place on every possible side of town.  I've known for awhile this day was going to be hectic.  So much so that I even prayed last night for God to help me make it to all my meetings on time.
I woke up this morning to the sound of the alarm.  Hopped in the shower.  Hopped out of the shower and headed to the closet to get dressed and noticed that I had just experienced time travel.
It was 7:17.
So weird.
I got up at 6:30 and took a shower.  I didn't even wash my hair or shave my legs, and yet when I got out of the shower it was 7:17.
I raced Gabe through his morning, yelled up to Eli to wake up, threw yogurt, a banana and a bunch of grapes in a bag and called it "lunch" and raced out the door.
Of course I was late to school.  2nd time with week.  Both times my own fault.
It wasn't until I settled in at work and pondered my morning time warp that I realized my 6:30am alarm hadn't been turned on for the day.  I woke up at 7am.
Darn.
No time warp.  Just operator error on my alarm.
The day pretty much flew by until 1:20.  At such time I was finishing off my work day by loading kids on the buses.  Everything was looking great for my own on-time departure at 1:25 until the worse thing ever happened.  Jesus's face blew off.
No kidding.  A little girl in line for the bus dropped her statue of Jesus and not only did his body break in half but his entire face basically disintegrated into the asphalt.
The little girl erupted into tears.
Whaling would be a good word to describe the noises coming out of her mouth.
I offered to put all Jesus' pieces in her backpack with hope of mom gluing him back together but she refused.
Throwing him away didn't seem appropriate.
I looked down at broken Jesus and prayed for a miracle.
Thankfully, the 1st grader got a word from the holy spirit or something and she offered a solution.  She asked if I could please put all of Jesus in a ziplock bag for her.
So, as it happened on Good Friday so many years ago, I tucked Jesus into a little tomb and tucked him away in the student's classroom.  We'll see if my little porcelain Jesus can make the same recovery and rise again in a few days.
1:35.
Crap.
I needed to be at Eli's school at 1:40 to pick him up for a 2pm ortho appointment, that was allegedly going to last one hour.  Then home to drop the kids off, babysitter arrives and out the door to head back across town for a training meeting.  On the way, I drove through Starbucks and while I had my window down to order, I realized my car was making the most ridiculous sound ever.  Note: car dying, make appointment to fix brakes, wheels, axel, engine or whatever is about the keel over.
Made it to the meeting, hopped back in the car and had 8 minutes at home to use the powder room, grap 2 pieces of salami and make a PBJ for my dinner and head back out.  I had 3 minutes to get to our friend's house to pick him up and 15 minutes to get all kids and myself to church.
I made it.
I now have laundry, cleaning of the bathrooms and getting stuff prepped for dinner tomorrow in addition to stressing about getting all the final details together for Matt's promotion ceremony on Friday.
Holy Cow it has been an insanely hectic, busy, and semi-stressful day.
However, the orthodontist said Eli's teeth are fine, he should only need one phase of braces much later in his little life and I can check back in once a year for a free follow up visit to make sure no early intervention such as spacers or pulling of teeth is needed.  Bam!
In a way, I just saved myself a few thousand dollars.  Dollars that I can now put toward that irritating noise the van in making.

Comments

Popular Posts