More Things to Hate about Germany *Update*

3. Sandwiches. Or shall I say, lack of sandwiches. Sometimes I'm just really craving a Paneraesque sandwich. Delicious bread, fresh meats and veggies, and a yummy sauce. German sandwiches - if you can even grant them that title - are so lame. They are likely a hard miniature baguette with either some form of a salami looking type of meat or prosciutto and if you are lucky a tomato. Clearly the sandwich thing hasn't caught on here.
4. Toilets. My friend Allison reminded me of this situation. Two things about toilets here. First, you often have to pay to use a public toilet. It is strategi
cally important to always have change in your wallet in the form of 10, 20 and 50 cents. Sometimes the toilets have attendants and you can get change if all you have is a 5 bill. But other times - no change - no luck. Second, a lot of German (and European in general) toilets have poo shelves and that is just gross. I don't think I need to further explain this one. But I should say, it isn't quite as disgusting as the fact that you can't flush toilet paper down the toilet in many Greece cities. Yep. I'll leave that one to your imagination as well.
Thousands of people have requested m
ore information on the poo shelf. OK just one. So, in response to my reader's request, I have included this lovely photo of a toilet (not mine, though I wish mine were so clean). The left of the photo is the back. Strategically located where the non-liquid form of bodily waste exits the body. Apparently, the volks here in DE like to inspect their business before sending it into the sewage system. There ya have it. German toilets.


Comments

Rachael said…
much better . . . those two can count

Popular Posts