Happy New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year's Ever!
2012 is the Chinese year of the Black Water Dragon or Black Dragon or Water Dragon just year of the Dragon. I read a lengthy explanation about how the Chinese use the Stem-Branch calendar system to include the 10 symbols (yin fire, yang fire, yin water, yang water....) mixed with the 12 animals (rat, cow, tiger, rabbit, dragon.....) and you put all this together to determine what the symbol for the year is. Apparently the year of the Black Water Dragon means this year will bring change, but with a measure of calm, sensibility and prudence. That is great news since this year is in fact going to bring change and I like to think I'm sensible when it comes to big life changes like the ones we will face this year. Then again....doesn't every year bring change?
Anyway, I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was going to start my new year based on the Chinese calendar because I wasn't really ready on January 1st. I have spent the last few weeks tying up some loose ends, getting some balls rolling and I do feel a little more ready to start 2012.
I'm excited to officially start this year. I'm ready to get back into a routine. I'm excited to see some more new and wonderful places here in Europe. I'm looking forward to spending time with the amazing people we have in our lives right now. And I am starting to get a little pumped up about finding a new place to live, settling down in Washington and seeing family again that I haven't seen in at least three years.
While I have a lot to look forward to this year, I cannot overlook the tough goodbyes that will take place as well. My heart is already breaking as I think about leaving the Mlacks. How many people in the world actually get to live down the street from their best friends? The other day Eli was talking to me about how hard it is going to be for him to say goodbye to Mason for the last time. He was chattering away about how much he loves Madison and Mason and how sad he is going to be to leave them. Meanwhile, I was sitting in the drivers' seat bawling my eyes out. I do believe that seeing Eli say goodbye to Mason will be the most difficult aspect of this move. We have other great friends here as well that are going to be missed so much and I dread saying good bye to. And of course we will really miss just living here in Germany and experiencing all the amazing things available to us.
As I get ready for bed on this New Year's Eve I pray that my family remains healthy and happy in 2012, that the good days outweigh the bad, that I gain wisdom as a wife, mother and friend, and that I may be a blessing to others this year.
2012.... I'm ready.....let's do this!


Comments

Popular Posts