Epiphany.

Epiphany - as in the holiday also called Three Kings Day. Not epiphany as in a big lightbulb going off in my head.
Today is Epiphany, the 12th day of Christmas, the holiday when we celebrate the Wise Men from the East who followed the star to meet Jesus.
The boys tried to convince me that they should get gifts if they put hay or grass out for the Wise Men's camels. I'm all for embracing multiple traditions but I draw the line at 1. grass being in my house and 2. coming up with any more gifts or candy for my kids. I quickly replied that the only gifts involved in Three Kings Day would be for Jesus, in the form of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. They didn't put up a fight.
The last of our Christmas decorations have been boxed up and stored in the basement, the tree is outside waiting for tree pick-up day, and the sweet sounds of Christmas music no longer fill the air. Christmas is over.
The year is over.
It all ended far too quickly.
While I am looking forward to the many adventures my family will have this year in Europe and the new home that we will establish in Washington later this year, I am truly sad to have bid 2011 farewell. It was a good year and quite frankly I wanted to hang on to it a little longer.





Comments

Popular Posts