The Neighbor

I have the most helpful, friendly, giving neighbor ever in the history of all times. This is good right? Yes, and no. Neighbor doesn't know boundaries and this can be problematic.
Today, we were scraping the snow/ice off of Matt's car when this conversation popped up:
He told me I was "a sexy woman for being almost 40 and having two kids". Almost 40? I quickly corrected him proclaiming that am indeed on the lower end of the 30's and didn't ever want to hear him call me 40 again! Sexy? It is a little odd hearing that from your 60+ year old neighbor.
He also told me I didn't need a personal trainer because I had a great bikini body already. My inside voice said "run....scrape the snow later".
It is only fair that I comment on the great things too. He clears the snow off of our sidewalk, makes his kids mow and rake our lawn, lends us every tool ever imaginable, and ensures that nobody comes and goes from the house without us knowing about it.
My favorite quirky moments include ringing the doorbell at 10:30pm to ask for beer, calling Matt and I "Nate and Momma" because he doesn't know our names, and telling me that he is just sure he saw me at the sauna in Austria last weekend (sauna's are nude).
What can I say? I guess you take the good with the bad, keep your doors locked, and run for the hills if you don't have time for neighborly conversation!


Comments

Rachael said…
That is hilarious! We had a very similar neighbor last year . . . older, super nice, helpful and friendly- always had a good word for the boys but oddly creepy with me . . . always commenting on how good I looked "for being pregnant" and then would give me progress reports after I had the baby each time I saw him . . . "Lookin' good, losin' that baby weight- you'll be back to your sexy self in no time" Yes, slightly out of bounds!
Unknown said…
Do they have sexual registration in Germany? If they do, you better check if he's on it.

Popular Posts