Fry Baby

I want a fryer.
I owned a fryer once but it was so gross that I couldn't figure out how to clean it enough to pack it up for a move, so I tossed it.
Now, they have really cool fryers with lids on them so you don't splatter grease everywhere. Those are cool. I don't know that they could be cleaned and packed any easier but they are still cool.
Why do I want a fryer? Because some things just taste soo good deep fried: fish, french fries, donuts, Schneeballen, hushpuppies, shrimp and so much more. Contrary to my Southern friend's beliefs not everything tastes better fried, pickles being one of those.
I want a fryer, but I cannot buy one. Sure, I could spend a small fortune on a 220 fryer, but then I would have to use it and that would be disastrous. Disastrous for two reasons: hot oil and I don't mix well (kitchen fire of '95 proves that) and I'm still trying to lose that 10 pounds I talked about back in 2008 and having the capability to fry a donut or six for myself every morning is not going to help that situation.
One day when I have 110 appliances again and have the will-power to resist consuming large amounts of fried pastry I'm getting a fryer.

Comments

Rachael said…
Happy Valentine's day to you and your wish-i-could-have but am-not-willing-to-comitt fryer!
Unknown said…
I believe we were talking on the phone when that mentioned kitchen fire occured!
Unknown said…
Ok I didn't know you were on the phone when that happened
Unknown said…
You'd like a fryer and we just would like a Schneiball! love you.
mrscotis said…
Whats with the Schneiball thing? I want one!!! I already have a fryer.
Unknown said…
Schneiball (not sure about the spelling) is a doughnut type pastry ball from Germany...

Popular Posts