Could it actually happen???

August 28, 2002 - Hail and Farewell at the company commander's house in Clarksville, Tn. I am 40 weeks pregnant with Eli and overdue. Matt and I are officially "hailed" into the company at the same time as a newly engaged couple Tom and Mika. I was excited that Mika was from Tacoma, those of us in a "West Coast state of mind" need to stick together. Meanwhile, Katina is at my house watching Big Brother and accidentally calling 9-1-1 twice. The "1" stuck on my phone creating a challenge to dial "916".
November 28th or 29th 2002 (it is a blur)- Matt, Eli and I attend Mika and Tom's wedding. Mika and Tom exchanged wedding vows in front of a big screen TV in our friend's living room. Mika wore a purple skirt. Two things I haven't seen her wear since.
February 2003 - we play monopoly at our house for the first time. An event that would repeat monthly, sometimes weekly. The attire turned to semi-formal jammies, which meant even if you don't normally wear jammies to sleep in, they were still required for game-night.
February 28, 2003 - Tom and Matt leave for Iraq and an unbreakable bond begins forming.
The months that followed provided a lot of time and experiences for Tom and Matt and Mika and I to develop a bond like no other. When the guys got back from Iraq our friendships grew even stronger and the four of us became great pals.
Spring of 2005 - Matt left for Korea and Tom went to Alabama for a school. Our fab foursome was broken up.
Over the next year Mika helped me move to Virginia, I came back to Clarksville to visit her when Madison was born, and then after she moved to GA we each made the 9 hour drive back and forth between Savannah and Woodbridge to visit each other at least a few times.
May 2006 - Mika, Tom, and Madison moved to Washington. No more road trips to visit each other.
I feared that this was the end of our relationship, but I was so wrong. We made it to Washington to visit them 2 times, saw them in California twice, met up for a Cruise once, and they came to see us in Virginia at least 3 or 4 times. About every six months we were together again.
July 2009 - Matt and I betray Tom and Mika and voluntarily leave the country. Mika tries not to hate me, I try not to think about the fact that we won't see each other for at least another 18 months to 2 years.
This week I found out that Tom and Mika are working on details for a move to Mannheim,Germany! Could this actually happen? Could our fab four re-unite and tour Europe together? Could we have game night, girls night and guys night?
Unfortunately, a difficult turn of events catapulted Tom, Mika, Madison, and soon-to-be Baby Mlack into an unexpected PCS, but I am so excited that we may be together again and praying that the move - wherever it may be- will go smoothly and every last detail will be taken care of.
Hopefully, we'll find out soon if we will have new neighbors!

Comments

What a wonderful recap of the last seven years! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face! I hope we find out soon too. So much planning to do!
Love and miss ya!!

Popular Posts