What a week!

The week we spent at my cousin Rhonda's house in Blaine, Wa went by way too fast. Every day brought some new adventure, laughter and great memories. We spent two days at the lake swimming, riding the wave runner, and soaking up the sun. We also visited a local dairy farm, where Mike used to work, to show the kids how Darigold gets their milk and visit all of the baby animals on the farm. There were stops at local ice cream shops, time in the pool, yard games, bike riding, and the newest addition to family fun - the Wii. We had a few bond fires, ate like kings, were spoiled by Mike's made to order morning coffee and my Aunt Syl's famous (at least in our family) fresh strawberry pie. We picked up fresh berries at Barb's berries almost every day, and successfully ate about 4 flats in as many days. We went to Canada to play 5 pin bowling and eat fish and chips, and celebrated the 4th of July by watching an old fashioned parade and fireworks in Blaine.
I was so blessed to spend time with my Aunt and Uncle, grandparents, sister and brother-in-law, my nieces, my cousins, and the Mlacks. At one point there were 18 people in Rhonda's house! I can't even describe how much fun we had in Washington and how overwhelmingly blessed I feel to have had this opportunity.
The week came to an end, I cried my eyes out saying goodbye to my cousins and the Mlacks, and then the journey to California began. Eight of us (we convinced Rhonda to send her son Colton down with us) piled in the van and began the 14 hour drive to Roseville, CA. We drove straight through with the exception of gas and potty stops. We stuck to a strict policy of switching drivers when they started driving by braile and made it home without incident.
As I looked through my pictures from Washington I am so happy to have the memories from the week and so thankful that God blessed me with so many wonderful family and friends. And now a new adventure begins . . .

Comments

mrscotis said…
What can we say...... only THANK YOU for coming to visit and giving us memories that will last a life time.
Our time with Tom, Mika and Madison was alot of fun.
BUT... how dare you fill my house up with joy, laughter and nothing but pure clean fun and then all of you leave (including my son) at once to have us come home to a quiet empty house. Not to mention the full fridge and pantry. We cherish every moment we had with everyone and we miss you all horribly. We have already looked through the pictures with tears streaming down our face. Thank you for spending some of your vacation in WA. We love you!

Popular Posts