Camping

Over the past 5 years my parents have become avid campers. They have upgraded their camp trailer a few times and have recently purchased a membership into a camping club. Since we only get out here to visit once a year, we haven't had the chance, until now, to enjoy camping with them. This past weekend we went up to Pollock Pines, just an hour outside of Sacramento, to spend the weekend camping with my parents.

Their trailer is really nice, and since it was over 90 degrees where we were camping, the AC was wonderful! The campground that we stayed at had a big pool and a wading pool, which is where we spent most of our days. The boys had fun playing in the trailer, while the adults enjoyed lounging around with nothing much to do. We played games, went on some walks, roasted marshmallows and enjoyed the quiet environment.

When I was little we used to go camping a few times a year. However, we never had a trailer! I remember camping in a tent, washing dishes in buckets, and trekking to the local bathroom in the middle of the night when I really really had to go. These days, my parent's trailer is self contained. Complete with a fridge, a/c, full bathroom, surround sound speakers, and living space bigger than my first apartment - they are "camping" in style.

It was a great break from our "busy" vacation schedule, and it was great to see how my parents are spending their free time. The smell of pine needles, the quiet pitch black night, and the bright stars peaking through the tree tops, make for a very relaxing environment.

Comments

Popular Posts