Time is flying by!

I can't believe how fast time is going by. I wonder if our summer would have passed so quickly if we would have stayed home?
The kids started swim lessons this week and are doing so well. Gabe is very comfortable putting his head under water and is learning to kick and use his "scoopers". The funny thing about Gabe is that he prefers a leisurely swim. He kicks about 1/3 of the speed required to stay afloat. Eli is doing great. He loves being in the water. He is learning to swim freestyle.
After swim lessons this past Monday, my sister and I took the kids to SunSplash. It is a big waterpark here in town. We all had so much fun. Gabe was too little to ride anything but the kiddie slides, but that was enough. He spent about 5 hours in this super cool slide/pool/fountain area designed for little kids but enough fun to capture the attention of the big ones too. Eli and Kaia could go on some slides on their own and some with an adult. Katina and I took turns taking them on the big slides, while Colton and Makenna were off on their own. It was really so much fun! The weather was perfect too. Not too hot to make waiting in lines miserable but not too cold for the water to still be refreshing.
The rest of the week was spent at swim lessons each morning, visiting family, and mostly just hanging around. I took the boys to get their pictures taken, finally. I think it has been 3 years since Eli had pictures taken in a studio and even longer since the kids had pictures taken together. I usually have a mental breakdown due to the stress of these typs of photos BUT thanks to the speedy professionalism of "Tonie", the photogirl, all went well.
Tonight we are off to see Matt's brother, Grayson, pitch for the GoldSox, a local collegiate level team.
Electronics update: I bought a new camera due to the great sandstorm at Ocean Shores, but now the laptop is suffering minor strokes every once in a while so I haven't uploaded any new pictures. I'll work something out and get more photos posted to my shutterfly page soon.

Comments

Popular Posts