Another week come and gone.

We celebrated my dad's retirement this past Sunday. Mom rented a hall, selected a caterer, and then gave my sister and I some cash to take care of decorations and other details. We wanted the day to be entertaining and special for both my dad and his guests, so my sister and I, with the help of our kids, put together a little something-something for the party. Basically, it was a version of Family Feud and all the topics were about my dad. The guests seemed to have fun, dad enjoyed it, and we declared the party and the game a success!
The rest of the week was filled with swim lessons, picking out new decor and paint for my mom and dad's bedroom, hanging out with Kaia and my grandma, a sick day, and taking the boys to see their first musical! Last week I was having dinner with my in-laws in Auburn and noticed a little advertisement for a local production of Seussical. I have heard great things about the show and figured it would be a good chance to take the boys to see a musical. My sister and the girls, the boys, and I had dinner and then settled into our seats at the local high school. The show was definitely low budget, and all of the actors were kids, but it was still a great performance and a good opportunity for the boys to get a taste of theatre. I need to remember to check out my local high school and college performances when I get back home. The boys really enjoyed the show. A matinée would have been a little easier on them, but they still had fun.
Eli and I are still fighting off a cold, but are moving forward to meet my parents up in the foothills to go camping for the weekend. We are looking forward to some lazy days!
Matt will join us next Wednesday! The boys and I miss him a lot and are looking forward to him joining us on our vacation.
I've added more pictures to our shutterfly site, just follow the link and type the password "ourphotos".

Comments

Popular Posts