Command Strips

 I love the idea of command strips, however, they never work as advertised for me.  In fact, I can't think of another product that has caused me to curse more than command strips.

I place the strip, I wait for the sticker to really adhere to the wall, I hang the item and then I wait...  Without fail within 30 seconds or 30 minutes the item comes crashing down.  Sometimes, it is a sweet innocent little fall, barely noticeable except for finding the item on the floor.  Other times, it takes a chunk of the wall and any adjacent items down with it in an obnoxious, violent demonstration of gravity.

And yet, I keep trying to use them.  

Recently, I purchased some decorative items for the dining room wall.  Usually, I just start hammering nails into the wall where I think I want the item to live only feel the bangs if instant regret once I realize the items are not placed well.  But this time, in an effort to find perfection in home decoration, I decided to test hang the items with command strips to make sure I like the placement and save the wall from a thousand little nail holes.  I prepped the wall, lined up the decorative pieces, stood back to take a photo and wouldn't you know it, the top item came crashing down onto the bottom item completely marking up the wall on the way down and damaging the items.  Seriously.

Proving that I am obviously insane, two days late I decided to hang two canvases upstairs.  Although these items were light and really would have been easy to hang with a regular nail, I need to reorder one of them in a larger size so I was looking for a more temporary hanging.  

It sure was temporary.

So, I now have two damaged walls suffering from the scars of command strips and  nothing hanging on either wall.

It is really so much easier to just leave the walls empty.


Comments

Popular Posts