Moving in to this house has been enlightening.
Not in a good way.
I have learned how absolutely disgusting people are.

I could show you pictures, but you would vomit.

There are things that are not convenient to clean and not visible so these places often get forgotten. They probably don't need monthly attention, however, that doesn't mean they NEVER need attention.

Behind the washer, dryer, fridge and stove, window troughs, gutters....

There is an actual tree growing out of the front gutter in this house.
It is so embarrassing.
I need a taller ladder to retrieve the mini-tree or else it would have been eradicated on day one of living here.

I'm pretty sure an entire meal of food was dried up under the stove and on the sides of the stove an cabinet.  It was nasty.  I puked in my mouth a few times and then when I was done cleaning I threw away my slippers.  I couldn't see a scenario where they were salvageable because I had walked on the floor around the nasty stove while I was cleaning it.

The fridge, washer and dryer hid less food but enough dog hair to make a whole pack of stuffed animals.

So. Nasty.

The dryer wasn't working very well so my dad and I started investigating the dryer vent and hose.  Not going to lie.  I quit investigating when a fur ball the size of a cat plopped out the end of it.  I insisted that we needed to buy a new hose but dad hung in there risking his life against who knows what forms of diseases to clean the thing out.

I mentioned before that the former residents here allowed their animals to pee all over the carpet so it really shouldn't be a surprise when I find the horrors hiding in cracks and crevices, and yet I'm appalled every single time.

The house was allegedly professionally cleaned.
Sometimes I think "no possible way" anyone cleaned this crap hole.
And then other times I think "Heaven's to Betsy, someone did clean this house and it was so completely trashed that this is what it looks like "cleaned".

We have lived in a few newly constructed houses, in which case we were the first resident, and we've lived in a few houses on post, that are meticulously cleaned because if you don't you get fined, but this is the very first house we have ever lived in that is just plain nasty.

It appeared clean upon walking through it, it was when we started to really look around that we realized what kind of trashy disgusting people lived here before us.

I keep getting mail for former residents of this house.  I seriously want to contact them and let them know that they are disgusting human beings and I hate them.

The boys and I have lived in this house exactly a month.
It looks more like we moved in yesterday.

Oh dear Lord, thank you for using this quite frustrating situation to teach me things.  I'm not sure what I'm learning yet because I'm still pulling myself out from under the grease covered, food splattered, dog hair infested, urine covered disaster.  One day, I hope it is more clear.




Comments

Popular Posts