I've moved in to 11 homes in my adult life.
I typically look at a wall, hang a picture on it,  step back and realize it is not centered, too high or too low and just live with it.
Rarely do I ever plan out how I want something to look.
This is obvious in the mish-mash of odd decor ideas you find in my home.

But yesterday I did something ridiculous.
I cut out paper to match all these frames I wanted hung and put the papers on the wall.
This is so unlike me.
I was so proud I took a photo.



I did fail at one minor/major aspect of this whole template thing. 
I guess you should mark where the hanger is on the back of the frame so that you can make the nail hole in the right place.  oops.  It took me a few frames before I rectified that.

And then after I got all the black frames up I realized I wanted a splash of something else so I mixed in silver. I had to make adjustments on that after the template thing, but it worked out ok.
Until Matt came home and didn't like the silver so then I went out and bought white frames and that kind of jacked up the entire template idea.

Here is the almost finished project.  I need some photos for some empty frames.
And I need two more frames for a part of the wall not pictured here.



Slowly, I'm starting to pull this house together.  
Ha!  Who am I kidding?
I'm the master of unfinished projects.
There is a good chance these frames remain empty for another month or two.

Comments

Popular Posts