Summer: Day 34

Our major summer travel has come to an end and it is time for us to start phase two of summer 2015.
We have 8 more weeks of summer. 
Our focus for much of that time will be stronger minds and healthier bodies.

Stronger Minds:
Eli is learning a new instrument this summer (a crash course in switching from the Viola to the Violin), in addition to working on research skills and analytical thinking/writing.  Gabriel and I have started a book club and he is working on analytical thinking/writing focusing on literature.  Both boys are working on typing skills.
My goal is to stay on top of the kids studies and practice for the school year.  I mentioned before, that as the kids grew older I felt I didn't have to be as involved in their homework.  In some ways I don't need to be as involved, helping them with the work, but in others I need to be much more involved.  I need to push them a little more, stay on top of the quality of their work, and make sure they are giving their best. We all have some challenges to work through this summer and my goal is to tackle them for about 1-2 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Healthier Bodies:
Yesterday marked the first day of our family fitness plan.  We have free access to really great fitness activities and facilities on post.  We never use them.  Matt goes to the gym just about every weekday, but the kids and I never head up to post to take advantage of the facilities.  Yesterday, we made the trek up there and have planned to meet Matt up there when he goes to the gym.  Eli is trying to build up some muscle to help him with baseball and Gabe and I need to lose the gut!  I'm trying to model and instill in the boys the importance of eating healthy and exercising regularly.  What better way to do that than to workout together as a family? My goal for this is 3 days a week at the gym and one family hike or bike ride each weekend.

Hopefully, by the end of the summer our minds and bodies will be improved and we will start off the next school year stronger!

Comments

Popular Posts