Storytelling

This blog is about sharing stories.  Sharing adventures, life lessons, my successes and my failures.  I try it keep it real.  I try to capture the good and the bad, the exciting and the mundane.  I try to make this a reflection of my heart.
Writing is therapeutic for me.  I'm often able to express through the keyboard what I can't verbalize or I post on this blog things that I don't have an audience for at home.
Over the past few days I've written a lot.  And yet barely any of my writing has been posted here.  Despite my greatest efforts to put onto the screen what is going on in my heart, I have been unable to do so.  Perhaps because my thoughts are still not organized enough to make sense of.  Perhaps the missing pieces to my story are still hidden, waiting for me to discover them and see some new truth.
I have a story that I'm unable to tell, and that is rare for me.
It is almost paralyzing really.  Its hard to move on when my story is not yet finished.  I find myself working through it in my head, heading to the computer to type, and then deleting everything after an hour.  I'm grumpy.  I don't like unfinished business.
I got hooked on this ridiculous game on my iphone where you identify logos.  It is really quite impossible.  The logos are from all over the world for all sorts of products and companies.  I keep trying to put it down but it is haunting me.  I've spend way too much time googling things like "spanish cell providers" and "logos with crowns and dogs".  I'll start playing and tell myself to just try and solve 3 logos.  3 hours later my eyes are burning and I've unlocked a new level.  Painful.  Don't even look it up.  Its evil.
This thing in my head has the same effect as that darn game except there are no "cheats" or websites that hold the answers.  I've got to figure out this one on my own.

Comments

Popular Posts