Hangman

Gabriel asked me to play hangman with him.  I obliged, but I am always quite leery of playing this game with kids who don't spell very well!  It adds a whole new challenge when guessing words and letters.  You have to factor in misspellings of words and the fact that sometimes kids forget their word actually has a letter you called out in it.  Loads of fun!
We were working through Gabe's phrase, slowly, when finally the puzzle was solved "Gabe does not miss Eli"
Eli left yesterday morning with my sister and will be gone for about 10 days.  He gets to spend a whole week with my mom, dad and niece K.  I'm quite confident that Eli is going to have a blast.  When he left he did ask to take a picture with me so he didn't forget me.  Quite honestly, he is probably going to have so much fun that the photo may be the only thing that reminds him of his family back home!
However, back here at home it is already eerily quiet.  Matt and I are taking wagers as to how long it takes for G to start asking how long before Eli comes back home.
It doesn't take long for our family to feel the absence of one of our members.  By lunch yesterday Matt said "I can't imagine life with just Gabe and no Eli".
Me neither!
We have this fabulous opportunity to just love on Gabe and spoil him a whole bunch and get to know him outside of the duo.  But I know we will be very excited and ready to get our other rascal back next week!

Comments

Popular Posts