Refresh refresh refresh

A helicopter went down in Afghanistan today. 5 Americans were killed. My pilot is right here at home, safe, but my mind cannot stop racing. Somewhere tonight or maybe tomorrow morning notifications will take place. I keep pulling up news pages and hitting refresh over and over again. Waiting to read the names, hoping, praying that it isn't our friend who is newly married, or our friend who is on his 5th tour, or our friend who helped us get to Mannheim a few years ago. My heart breaks for all the people who have a pilot over there, who are watching CNN and hitting refresh on their browser or waiting for their doorbell to ring. my heart breaks for whoever is getting notified. Even if I don't know them, my heart breaks for someone who's life changed today.

Comments

Allison said…
Oh.... I haven't seen any names and am praying for the best, which certainly is a ridiculous choice of words.

Popular Posts